A curated list of awesome Blender add-ons, tools, tutorials and resources for 3D Artists, Hobbyists, Developers, Researchers. Focused mostly open source and free resources.
- Check list of Blender's built-in add-ons documentation here.
- FLIP Fluids : is a powerful liquid simulation plugin that gives you the ability to create high quality fluid effects all within Blender, the free and open source 3D creation suite.
- Molecular Script : is a particle collision addon that makes particles collide for creating certain types of simulations, effects and particles linking as well.
- Jet-Fluids : Jet fluid simulator integration in blender.
- projectile : An artist-friendly tool for throwing stuff around inside blender.
- Phobos : An add-on for Blender allowing to create URDF, SDF and SMURF robot models.
- CharMorph : is an open source character creation tool for Blender. It's a rewrite of MB-Lab, which is now unmaintained.
- MPFB : MPFB2 is an open source human generator for Blender. It's complete rewrite of MakeHuman as a Blender addon.
- FaceBuilder [$] : is a Blender add-on that lets you create photorealistic 3D models of human faces and heads using a few photographs with a neutral face expression. [medium]
- Tiny Eye : Tiny Eye is a FREE, fully procedural, stylised eye that works in Eevee and Cycles.
- Infinigen : Infinigen is a procedural generator of 3D scenes. It can generate infinite Photorealistic Worlds using real geometry. Infinigen is optimized for computer vision research and generates diverse high-quality 3D training data.
- Wolf Generators : a pack of 16 geometry nodes generators, including Bridge, Cables, Chain, Falling Particles, Lightning, Music Visualizer, Rope, Snow, Snow Flake, Spider Web.
- Buildify : is a geometry nodes library for easy building creation.
- Building Tools : Building generation addon for blender.
- Bricker [$] : Photoreal Lego/Minecraft Simulations.
- Blender Data Visualisation : Load data into Blender and create visualisations.
- BookGen : is a free book-generation addon for Blender.
- Celtic Knot : Generate bezier curves, pipes and ribbons in elaborate weavings, based off of a framework mesh.
- Data-FX : Loads and visualizes different types of data within Blender from .csv files.
- Electric Line Generator : is an addon for blender which helps generating complex Electric power Line.
- Geometry Nodes Demo : Free examples of geometry nodes including procedural buildings and a hex grid map.
- Geometry Nodes Pipes : is an addon for blender which helps generating complex pipe layouts.
- Graswald [$] : is the solution for 3D Artists who need realistic vegetation in their scenes.
- HGen : Blender hair generation and manipulating tool.
- Industrial Geonodes : A collection of industrial themed Geometry nodes. Includes; Pipes, Vents and Catwalks.
- Mesh Maze : Blender add-on to generate a maze on any mesh.
- Modular Tree : This addon for blender allows the creation of realistic trees with the node editor.
- Post USSR Builder : Simple post USSR style building generator on geometry nodes. 2.93 and newer.
- Procedural Snow Shader : Procedural snow shader created in Blender.
- Procedural Slime : generates procedural slime between objects.
- Random Book Generator : Book randomizing asset for Blender. Made with the new Geometry nodes.
- Real Sky : This add-on can generate procedural clouds, which Blender's built-in Dynamic Sky add-on lacks.
- SceneCity [$] : Generate large road networks and mass-place tens of thousands of buildings. Mix both procedural and hand-made assets.
- SpaceshipGenerator : procedurally generate 3D spaceships.
- Space Station Generator : Tool lets you generate sprawling space stations.
- Sprytile : a blender add-on for building tile based low-poly scenes with paint/map editor like tools. [more info]
- Stylized Fantasy Tree Generator : Generate endless variations of stylized trees with this geometry nodes tool.
- The Grove 3D [$] : Grow natural 3D trees for visualisation and film. Grow, bend, prune, interactively simulate the seasons year by year.
- tree-gen : procedural generation of tree models in blender.
- Tyre Generator : Free tyre generator with geometry nodes.
- Welder : welds generator for Blender.
- Geo-Scatter [$] : The scattering tool for blender.
- BagaPie Modifier : This addon create modifier and geometry nodes preset like: boolean, scatter, auto array on curve.
- Gscatter : Artist-friendly scattering for free from developers of Grasswald.
- City Scatter : Generate cityscape concepts, powered by Blender's collection system.
- MACHIN3tools : is a free, continuously evolving collection of blender tools and pie menus in a single customizable package.
- QBlocker : is an interactive object creation tool for Blender.
- fspy : is an open-source camera matching app, extremely useful for modeling directly from a reference image. (blender addon)
- PolyQuilt : is provides a few functions in edit mode like creating faces, knife tool, fan, edge-loops, etc. It does this with only the left-mouse-button. So no menu’s, no shortcuts. [more info]
- Modeling Cloth : Create real-time cloth-like behavior in meshes in Blender.
- KeKit : Brings some much needed functionality to Blender, with a whole array of production tools.
- Array Tools : is an addon for Blender to create translation, scale, rotation array with offset or global parameters in any direction and mix them.
- BezierUtility : This add-on contains several tools for working with Bezier curves.
- Mesh Heal : is an add-on for Blender, it includes additional Blender operators for healing surface meshes.
- JewelCraft : jewelry design toolkit add-on for Blender.
- Box Select X-Ray : Modified box select tool that automatically toggles x-ray mode on and off during selection.
- Polysweeper : is a tool to sweep a face profile along a face loop.
- Edit Split Normals : Edit normals like meshes.
- Auto Mirror : Automate a series of tasks, such as deleting a half, setting a mirror modifier, setting a clipping, etc.
- Drop It : Designed to drop fast and simply Objects to Ground or Surface.
- Maxivz’s Interactive Tools : Collection of intuitive, context sensitive tools for Blender.
- Synced Modifiers : allows you to add modifiers to multiple objects at the same time and automatically syncs all the modifiers using Drivers.
- BlenderBIM : An add-on for beautiful, detailed, and data-rich OpenBIM with Blender.
- Archipack [$] : The Archipack addon for Blender contains a collection of parametric primitives for ArchViz. You can manipulate these primitives with a realtime on-screen editing interface.
- Sverchok : is a powerful parametric tool for architects, allowing geometry to be programmed visually with nodes.
- CAD Sketcher : CAD Sketcher is a free and open-source project looking to enhance precision workflows in blender by bringing CAD like tools, features and usability.
- CAD Transform : CAD Transform provide intuitive snap from/to workflow, allow precise move/rotate/scale using advanced snap options and constraints in both object and edit mode.
- MeasureIt-ARCH : An expansion of Antonio Vazquez's MeasureIt addon to add features to create Architectural Drawings.
- JARCH-Vis : is add-on for Blender 3D that helps create commonly used object for architectural visualization.
- retopoflow : A suite of retopology tools for Blender.
- InstantMeshesRemesh : A suite of retopology tools for Blender.
- SpeedRetopo : is a free add-on for Blender to make fast and easy retopology using Bsurface.
- Retopo MT : is a tool for retopo, you use it in addition with other addons or tools in Blender, in Edit Mode.
- Hard Surface:
- KIT OPS : Can create objects and scenes with extreme efficiency and speed. Complex industrial designs can be generated in a single sitting.
- ND : is a free non-destructive & interactive hard surface toolkit (smart modifiers, booleans, and geometry management)
- HardOps/Boxcutter [$] : HardOps, is intended to be a workflow assistant toolkit. Boxcutter, the most powerful boolean subsystem for blender.
- Speedflow [$] : Addon for non-destructive workflow.
- Bevel After Boolean : Addon comes in handy when working with booleans that have a curved surface.
- EdgeFlow : This addon adds two operators to blender which both work on edgeloop selections.
- Engraver : is an Blender addon with set of few tools designed to help carving decals in 3d models.
- JMesh Tools : Hardsurface utility Blender addon for fast boolean and bevel operations.
- Offset Edges : this addon introduces a cad-like feature, which create edges that have consistent distance from original selected ones.
- Mesh Utils : Overlapping vert/edge/face, interior faces, edges by trait, and other stuff.
- Poly Source : is designed to simplify the control of the number of different types of polygons. You can see how many Gone, Quad and Tris are on the active object.
- Blender-Sculpt-Tools : Addon for help sculpting base mesh like Zbrush with Zsphere.
- Sculpt Alphas Manager : This addon provides a simple solution to be able to quickly switch alpha textures for the sculpt brushes.
- Speedsculpt [$] : The addon allows you to create very fast characters, to manage Dyntopo Sculpting with booleans, cut curves, skin modifier, decimate, mask etc.
- GoB : GoZ-alike tools for simple ZBrush-Blender interchange.
- Brush Manager for Blender : is an add-on for Blender that helps you to create custom brushes, store them in a file and organize the library of various categories of brushes.
- Mesh Align Plus : Precisely align, move, and measure+match objects and mesh parts in your 3D scenes.
- Easy Align : Easy Align addon allows you to align mesh objects origins and align mesh objects to each others easily, it works in both Edit mode and Object mode.
- Blign : is an alignment and distribution tool for Blender. It allows users to align and distribute shapes with many different options.
- Mesh Generate/Stylization:
- Tissue : Add-on for computational design.
- Mech/Fy A procedural workflow that automates the process of hard surfaces modelling.
- RandoMesh : A blender addon to add randomized geometry to any mesh.
- SliceMesh : Simple script for Blender to automate mesh slicing.
- SuperPoke : Iterative poking tool for Blender.
- MegaGrid : Simple Python script to randomly spam subdivisions.
- BY-GEN : is an addon designed to simplify the process of creating non-destructive, generative modeling styles in Blender.
- Fiber Mesh : Generate fiber meshes.
- Laser Slicer : Cuts up a Blender object and exports the slices to SVG files for cutting on a laser cutter or other post-processing.
- Animation Nodes : A node based visual scripting system designed for motion graphics in Blender.
- AnimAide : is a free add-on for Blender that has some helpful tools for animation.
- Commotion : Blender add-on for motion graphics.
- Animax [$] : is a procedural animation system for Blender. Useful for animating multiple objects.
- AutoMask : A Blender Add-on for automatic rotoscoping with the help of Machine Learning.
- COA Tools : is a 2D Animation Suite for blender. It offers a 2D cutout animation workflow similar to programs like spine or spriter.
- reflow : Blender addon to change fps.
- Keyframe Nudge : Scripts for quick keyframe manipulation.
- Shape Keys+ : adds a panel with extra options for creating, sorting, viewing, and driving shape keys.
- Stop-Mo : transforms animations into a beautiful, hand-crafted stop motion style.
- Blender NLA Midi Copier : Blender add-on for creating midi-driven animations from the Nonlinear Animation view.
- BlendyPose : Blender Motion Capture using your camera.
- BlenRig : BlenRig is an Auto-rigging and skinning system. It provides the user with a Feature Film quality rig; including an advanced facial system.
- Rig on the Fly : Rig on the Fly is a Blender dynamic rigging tool used to simplify and speed up animation workflow.
- Auto-Rig Pro [$] : Auto-Rig Pro is an addon for Blender to rig characters, retarget animations, and provide Fbx export, with presets for Unity and Unreal Engine.
- Universal Human Rigged Base Mesh [$] : Rigged human base mesh.
- Mixamo add-on for Blender by Adobe : This Blender auto control-rig add-on works with characters that have been auto-rigged with the Mixamo service.
- Rigacar : Generate a complete rig as quickly as possible for standard car models.
- Wiggle Bones : Jiggle bone implementation for Blender with realistic physics.
- Spring Bones : Blender addon to add spring/bouncy dynamic effect to bones.
- Rigid Body Bones : Blender addon which adds rigid body / spring physics to bones.
- Bone Widget : Blender addon to assist with making custom bone shapes.
- WritingAnimation : This add-on generates writing animation for the selected Bezier curves in blender.
- Typewriter : Typewriter text animation for font objects.
- TextCounter : LeoMoon TextCounter is an easy to use text animation plugin for Blender that can be used to make GUI simulations.
- GreaseWriter : A Blender Add-on for auto-animating grease pencil strokes and emulating hand-drawn text.
🗜Render Engine ^
- AMD Radeon ProRender : is AMD’s powerful physically-based rendering engine that lets creative professionals use open industry standards to leverage GPU and CPU performance to produce stunningly photorealistic images in Blender.
- AMD Blender USD Hydra : With Pixar's USD system emerging as a powerful tool for 3D graphics pipelines and interchange, this addon is meant to add first class support for USD and the USD Hydra rendering system to Blender.
- DreamWork's MoonRay : MoonRay is a physically based path-tracing renderer; it includes a USD Hydra render delegate, multi-machine and cloud rendering via the Arras distributed computation framework.
- Pixar's RenderMan : Physically-based render from Pixar. [more info]
- OctaneRender Prime for Blender : Fully integrated Octane Render, free tier. (blender plugin manual)
- Redshift Blender Integration [$] : Redshift by Maxon is a GPU-accelerated renderer built to meet the specific demands of contemporary high-end production rendering.
- LuxCore : LuxCoreRender is a physically based and unbiased rendering engine. It offers advanced features like accelerated rendering of indirect light and efficient rendering of caustics. (blender addon)
- Malt : Malt is a non photorealistic rendering (NPR) framework. It offers fully customizable real-time rendering framework for animation and illustration.
- Pixel Art Rendering : This is a free addon to make pixel art like renders in blender. It works with eevee, bayer dithering and multiple light sources.
- Mitsuba Renderer : Mitsuba 3 is a research-oriented retargetable rendering system for forward and inverse light transport simulation. (blender addon)
- appleseed : is an open source, physically-based global illumination rendering engine primarily designed for animation and visual effects. (blender addon)
- E-Cycles [$] : is a fork of Cycles which renders up to 2.5x faster out of the box when using CUDA GPUs, up to 15x using new options.
- K-Cycles [$] : Another fork of Cycles like E-Cycles. Advertised as an improvement over E-Cycles.
- UV-Packer : Automatic and free UV-Packer Add-on for Blender.
- DreamUV : is a collection of tools that allow you to manipulate UVs in the 3D viewport.
- TexTools : TexTools is a Free addon for Blender 3D with a set of professional UV and Texturing tools.
- Poliigon Uber Mapping Node : Anti-tile node setup for blender. [more info]
- Parallax Mapping : This is Parallax Mapping material and node setup. Created in Blender 2.8 for eevee renderer, it works well in cycles too. [more info]
- Texel Density Checker : Tools for calculate, set and copy texel density.
- UV Toolkit : Tools collection for UV editing in blender.
- Magic-UV : This is a blender add-on Magic UV consisted of many UV manipulation features which Blender lack of.
- EasyBake : Texture baking UI for Blender that lives in the 3D Viewport. Small but powerful! Fast one-click baking and iteration.
- Principled-Baker : Bake PBR textures with a few clicks.
- Blender Addon PBR : Provides a material panel that creates Metallic/Roughness or Specular/Gloss Nodes using the Principled BSDF shader.
- PBR Texture Mapper : Create PBR node setup with one click.
- Poliigon Material Converter : Create PBR node setup.
- SCATTr : Procedural texture placement.
- Vertex Oven : Bake game-ready ambient occlusion in seconds without UV unwrapping or agonizingly slow Cycles bakes.
- Bake Wrangler : is a nodes based extension and replacement for the inbuilt baking system.
- 3D-Coat Applink : 3DCoat now has native support of Blender via built-in AppLink.
- Lily Surface Scrapper : Import shaders in Blender from a single URL.
- glslTexture : Create textures from Glsl fragment shaders.
- Bake to Vertex Color : Transfer Image to selected Vertex Color in all selected Objects.
- EZ Baker : An easier alternative to blender's default bake system.
- Bystedts Blender Baker : This addon streamlines the texture baking process in Blender.
- Flow Map Painter : This blender add-on provides a brush tool for flow map painting.
- Grungit : Grungit is an addon that automatically and effortlessly adds wear and tear to your models with a single click. The result is fully controllable and can deliver anything from imperfections and light wear to heavy damage.
- Layer Painter : allows you to use a Layer-System for creating materials with painting and procedurals. The layers include masks, filters and much more. Even though the addon is designed with a PBR workflow in mind, you can also use it for stylized painting.
- Sanctus Library [$] : The ever-growing procedural material library for Blender.
- MeshSync : Live link plugin for Unity. supported blender and other 3d softwares.
- Blender Tools by Epic Games : Blender addons that improve the game development workflow between Blender and Unreal. Send to Unreal, UE to Rigify.
- Mr Mannequins Tools : is a Blender add-on that gives the ability to export animations and weighted meshes that are directly compatible with the third person mannequin without re-targeting anything in Unreal Engine!
- Blender For Unreal Engine : This Add-on allows you to export content created with Blender to Unreal Engine 4.
- AssetGen : is automates the tasks to get a game assets ready for video games from an High Poly model.
- V-HACD : Library decomposes a 3D surface into a set of near convex parts.
- Godot Game Tools : Made easy importing mixamo animations. tools to ease the creation/import process of assets into Godot Game Engine and others.
- Blender2Godot : is a addon that exports a Blender scene to a Godot Engine project.
- Embark Blender Tools : A Blender add-on containing workflow tools for game development. Includes tools for standardized import/export workflow, 3D modelling and new object types. [medium]
- Asset Creation Toolset : Asset Creation Toolset is many tools for game asset creation.
- Mixamo Converter : is a Blender Plugin that Converts Mixamo animations to work in Unreal Engine 4 with root motion.
- WoT Tank Viewer : is a package of plugins for Blender, which allows you view 3D models from World of Tanks.
- Game Engine:
- BlenderKit : Allows you to download assets, materials, and alpha brushes to your blender client with the click of a button.
- Blender Interplanety Storage : The online material (shader) storage add-on for Blender 3D creation. With the BIS add-on, you can save materials (groups of nodes) to the online personal library and then convenient search and upload them.
- Asset Wizard : is a asset management addon.
- NodeCustomBuilder : Preset system for nodes.
- FontSelector : Easy font management inside Blender.
- Shot Manager by Ubisoft : is a add-on that introduces a true shot entity in Blender scenes.
- Gaffer : is a Blender add-on that helps you light your scenes by presenting all the right settings in convenient panels for quick access and experimentation.
- Extra Lights : is a plugin for Blender that adds physically based, photometric lighting presets to the Add menu.
- HDRI Sun Aligner : HDRI Sun Aligner is a Blender addon for automatically rotating an object (e.g. a sun) to match the brightest point in a HDRI environment texture.
- LeoMoon LightStudio : Lighting system for Blender.
- Physical Starlight and Atmosphere [$] : is a full environmental simulator that takes inspiration of 'sandbox' game worlds and editors, bringing visual consistency between every object in the scene.
- Free Sky Environment Shading : free custom procedural environment shading.
- Lumiere : Interactive Lighting add-on for Blender.
- USDZ, glTF MultiExport, ZBrush, .VTK, Bezier2SVG, Panda3D, .EGG, XRay-engine.
- Export Paper Model from Blender : Add-on for creating paper models.
- Batex : Export selected objects as fbx in batch operation.
- Blender To Unity FBX Exporter : FBX exporter add-on for Blender compatible with Unity's coordinate and scaling system.
- Loom : Add-on to simplify the rendering process of image sequences and certain frames, allows batch rendering and comes with some handy utilities that help in production.
- BatchRender, Notify, AlarmShutdown, RenderButton.
- MDSANIMA RenderTime : Blender add-on estimates and calculate how long your animation will take to render done based on the rendering time of the only one frame.
- Super Res Render : Plugin that splits renders up into several chunks to make rendering at super high resolutions possible.
- Super Fast Render : Either uses preset render settings optimised to speed up render times or Uses a benchmark to detect the fastest settings for the same render quality
- Super Image Denoiser : Super high quality denoiser that desnoises the scene in several layers to reduce artifacts
- Real Camera : is an addon that allows you to control the Blender camera like a real camera.
- Cameras-Lister : Easy select camera’s in popup shortcut is Alt-C.
- Photographer 2 : Camera Exposure, White balance and Autofocus. Photographer 2 was made completely free for all.
- Camera Shakify : An addon for Blender that lets you easily add realistic camera shake to your cameras.
- Audio Visualizer
- Power Sequencer : Brings smart new editing features to edit faster with Blender's Video Sequence Editor. It is completely Free and Open Source.
- VSEQF : is an overhaul for Blender's VSE that can completely change your workflow. Designed for quick, mouse and keyboard balanced editing with a focus on real-time feedback.
- Transform Tools : Quickly transform, crop and fade video strips in Blender's Video Sequence Editor.
- Easy Proxy : Blender addon to create proxy files for Video Sequence Editor (VSE) easily using FFMPEG.
- Parallel_Render : Render the output from the Sequencer multithreaded through the Render siderbar.
- Export EDL : Exports: video, audio and dissolves. to ex. Davinci Resolve, Lightworks, Final Cut Pro & Premiere Pro.
- Import EDL : Imports: video, audio and dissolves.
- Freesound Add-on : is an addon for Blender that allows users to create and edit subtitles for movies or music.
- Push to Talk : Convenient recording of scratch dialog for an edit.
- Scene Strip Tools : Preview Scene Strips directly in the 3D View.
- Subsimport : is an addon for Blender that allows users to create and edit subtitles for movies or music.
- TexTension : For increasing productivity and generally trying to match the writing experience of a modern text editor.
- Code Editor : Adds minimap, text tabs, whitespace markers and indent guides.
- Run in Console : Execute a text block and catch its output (prints and errors) in Blender's interactive console.
- Snippets Library : Allow you use and manage a library of your own and existing code snippets.
- Search Online References : Search current text in API Reference, Python Reference, Blender Stack Exchange, Blender Source Code and Github.
- Run PEP8 Check : Check current script for pep8 mistakes.
- Formatting : Trim whitespace change case and split and join lines.
- Insert and Navigate to Text Markers : Insert and navigate to text marker positions.
- Autocomplete/Intellisense : Autocomplete/Intellisense for the Text Editor.
- Glass for EEVEE : This shader allows you to make realistic glass with eevee.
- SSGI for EEVEE : Converts Diffuse and Principled BSDFs to nodegroups that give representation of diffuse component to SSR for SSGI effect.
- Shader Displacement for Eevee : Using a few modifiers and a nodegroup, realtime shader displacement in Eevee is now possible.
- Eevee Presets : Save Eevee Presets.
- Projectors : A blender add-on for simple projector creation and modification.
- Simple Renaming Panel : Rename more objects at once. The tool includes basic functionalities of adding suffixes, prefixes, search and replace, add suffixes depending on the object type and much more.
- IOR Reference : A blender addon that display IOR values in a list.
- QuickSwitch : A helper to quick switch workspaces and view render menu in viewport.
- MifthTools : 3Dcoat, Houdini, Modo mesh exchange tools and more.
- Modifier List : Blender add-on with enhanced UI layout for modifiers with handy features. Replaces the regular modifier UI and adds a tab in the Sidebar and a popup.
- Verge3D : is a powerful yet cost-efficient solution for creating interactive 3D web experiences.
- ProSidebar : Add additional properties and operators to the 3D View Sidebar.
- Tilecam : Render seamlessly repeatable images.
- Fbx Format Converter : This project allows you to convert binary fbx files to asciis and vice versa.
- Set Viewport Color : Blender Script to Set the Viewport Color based on a nodetree.
- PresetterProfessional : View and visibility presets, 3d cursor presets, snap presets, etc. presets.
- PowerSave : is a tool intended to streamline saving and make saving itself more accessible, friendly and more artist streamlined.
- Lodify : LOD(Level of Detail) and Proxy system for blender.
- Multi-user : Enable real-time collaborative workflows inside blender.
- Screenwriter : Write screenplays in Blender Text Editor in Fountain markup syntax view/export with correct screenplay formatting.
- VoxelDraw : An addon to draw voxel meshes in edit mode for Blender.
- Kaleidoscope : The add-on adds two new nodes, Spectrum and Intensity, which essentially improves your workflow inside Blender when creating materials.
- Spread Objects : Spread the selected objects on an evenly spaced grid.
- Mixer by Ubisoft : is a Blender addon developed at Ubisoft Animation Studio for Real Time Collaboration in 3D edition.
- Daz to Blender Bridge : This easy-to-use Bridge transfers your Genesis 8 and 3 characters from Daz directly to Blender.
- Substance 3D add-on for Blender by Adobe : with this add-on you can access your Substance materials directly inside Blender.
- Theme Switcher : Addon to quickly change active theme not leaving 3D View.
- LibSM64-Blender : This add-on integrates libsm64 into Blender and provides various additional integrations with Fast64.
- BlenderProc : A procedural Blender pipeline for photorealistic training image generation.
- AI Render : Stable Diffusion in Blender. This add-on renders an AI generated image based on a text prompt and your scene.
🎠3D Models ^
- Poly Haven/Models : is a resource of free high quality 3D assets for everyone. All models here are CC0.
- Quixel Megascans : World’s largest photogrammetry 2D and 3D asset library. Now it is free for the Epic Games accounts (only UE projects).
- Scan the World : is an ambitious community-built initiative whose mission is to share 3D printable sculpture and cultural artefacts using democratised 3D scanning technologies, producing an extensive ecosystem of free to download digital cultural heritage. [mixed license]
- Artec 3D : Download high resolution 3D scans for free.
- Blender Boom : 3D model repository. Free models ready to use.
- Three D Scans : Free 3D scans in .stl without copyright restrictions.
- 3D Digitization Smithsonian : CC0 Photoscan Library from Smithsonian. (Collections)
- Chocofur/Free : Premium quality 3D models & scenes. (blender addon)
- Free3D : is the go to place where you can share your free 3D assets and download instantly any you like.
- TheBaseMesh.com : A public library of over 600+ base meshes. All assets are real world scale and come unwrapped.
- 3DB3 : Check out the best 3D models made by professional 3D artists.
- Rigmodels : Free rigged, animated and low poly models
- RockThe3D : is a blog site to provide and sharing the best 3D related knowledge and resources around.
- CGTrader : Free 3D models from cgtrader.
- Sketchfab : Free downloadable models from sketchfab.
- TurboSquid/free : Free models from Turbosquid.
- Hum3D : source of quality 3D models of vehicles in blend file format.
- Clara.io : Free 3D Modeling, Rendering, Sharing and Models.
- FlyingArchitecture : is both an architectural visualizations studio as well as an online store dedicated to 3D models, scenes, materials and tutorials.
- 3D Warehouse : Download sketchup models.
- Free3DBase : Download high quality free 3d models.
- RenderHub/free : Daz Content, 3D models, textures and materials.
- KitBash3d [$] : makes premium 3D assets for VFX, concept art and design. Their 3D model kits have immediately been adopted by the industry's top artists, studios. Get Mini Kit: Neo City for free.
- Awesome-3D-Meshes : List of famous 3D meshes.
- List of Common 3D Test Models.
- Other Sites:
- Various Models:
- Scanned Models:
- CAD Models:
- Kitbash Models:
- VDB Models:
- Mixamo : Animate 3D characters for games, film, and more.
- ActorCore : Motion-capture library from Reallusion.
- Carnegie-Mellon University Graphics Lab Motion Capture Database BVH conversions : Contains 2500 free human motion captures.
- Rokoko Studio : Get 150 free mocap moves from Rokoko’s Motion Library.
- Motekentertainment/free-samples : Motek has captured and animated the a large variety of characters, for a great number of projects from various sectors.
- Bandai Namco Research Motiondataset : the R&D division of game publisher and developer Bandai Namco, has released a massive library of free motion-capture data for research and personal use.
- turbosquid/motion-capture, sketchfab/animated.
- Poly Haven/Textures : Poly Haven/Textures is a website where you can find high quality scanned textures for free.
- ambientCG : Get hundreds of PBR materials and textures for free under the Public Domain license.
- cgbookcase : Discover a library of high-quality PBR textures. Free for every purpose, forever. Some Blender tutorials here and there.
- 3DAssets.one : is a search-engine which allows you to explore the largest free texture sites all at once.
- 3DTextures.me : Free seamless PBR textures.
- FreePBR.com : Free PBR materials and texture files.
- ShareTextures : Free High Quality Material Archive for everybody.
- Texture.Ninja : Public domain photographic textures, reference images, cutouts.
- 3DXO : Free 3D Models, seamless Textures, Backgrounds, Photos & Graphics.
- Texture Box : We are making free textures for 3D Artists from all over the world. Also, we offer custome texture services.
- Texture Fun : Free PBR texture sets of common architectural materials, including some nice tile textures.
- C4DCenter : Free C4D Materials created with High Quality Texture Maps for instant download and no limits, Free for Personal and Commercial Use.
- IES Library : Download free IES lighting files. IES files describe how light from a lamp is distributed in a room.
- WildTextures : Free high resolution textures and patterns for commercial or personal use.
- Textures.com [$] : is a website that offers digital pictures of all sorts of materials. Sign up for free and download 15 free images every day!
- Substance Share : The free exchange platform for the Substance community.
- MaterialX Library : AMD launched a free MaterialX-based Material Library. It allows users to download the materials and encourages them to upload their own.
- Substance Source/freebies [$] : Hundreds of high quality PBR materials.
- ScansLibrary [$] : Digital marketplace with thousands of Real-World scans.
- Poliigon/freebies [$] : A library of materials, and HDR's for artists including free textures that want photorealism.
- Texturing.xyz [$] : Our textures are used in the biggest and industry-leading VFX companies, and help them achieving their goals faster.
- LotPixel : Free scan-based textures of interior and exterior materials at up to 8K resolution. For commercial use.
- Poly : is a seamless texture generator & gallery (up to 8K) with PBR maps (up to 32-bit) for any types of materials with a simple text or image prompt.
- Other Sites:
🌓Blender Materials ^
- Blendermada : Free Blender Material Database. (blender addon).
- The Blendersauce Vault Materials : Abstract, Bricks and Walls, Concrete, Fabric, Fluids, Food, Manmade, Metal, Metal painted Materials, Nature, Plaster, Rocks/Stones, Tiles, Wood.
- 3d-wolf/materials : PBR Materials is an addon with physically based materials.
- BlenderKit : Allows you to download assets, materials, and alpha brushes to your blender client with the click of a button for free. Now you can find it on built-in addons.
- Sketch/Toon Shaders:
- Nodevember Results:
🌲Blender Scenes/Files ^
- Blend Swap : The one place for Open Source Blender files.
- Blender/demo-files : Demo Scenes from blender.
- BlenderNation.com/models : collects the best free Blender 3D model downloads from all across the Blender community.
- Mantissa/resources : Free Blender files, resources.
- Gumroad Pages:
- Rigged Models:
- Geometry Nodes:
- Poly Haven/HDRIs, Pixar/HDRI, Hdrlabs, Hdrmaps/freebies, Hdri-hub/free, Hdri-skies, eisklotz/HDRIs, locationtextures/panoramas, noahwitchell, bobgroothuis, vizpeople/free, noemotionhdrs, iHDRI.
- Dezoomify : Download zoomable images from Google Arts & Culture, The National Gallery, Gallica, Van Gogh Museum and more. (Desktop App)
- Birmingham Museums Trust : Thousands of our out-of-copyright images are now available for all to use under a Creative Commons Zero Licence. More images are regularly being added. (Unsplash Profile)
- Wikimedia Commons/Art : A collection of freely usable media files to which anyone can contribute.
- The Art Institute of Chicago : Download public-domain artworks from Art Institute of Chicago online collection.
- Paris Musées Collections : Paris Musées has released over 100,000 artworks into the public domain. They are all available for free high-resolution download online.
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art : Browse more than 406,000 hi-res images of public-domain works in The Met collection that can be downloaded, shared, and remixed without restriction.
- USEUM : Download thousands of royalty free images of artworks and use them in anyway you like, anywhere around the world.
- National Gallery of Art Images : Download images from collections of the National Gallery of Art. More than 51,000 open access digital images are available free of charge for download and use.
- Rijksmuseum : one of the largest museums in Europe dedicated to arts and history, made 250,000 works from its huge collection available for free online viewing or download.
- National Gallery of Denmark : You can explore our highlights and get free images in high resolution of those artworks that are in the Public Domain.
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art : Download public-domain artworks from LACMA's collections.
- J. Paul Getty Museum : The Getty makes available, without charge, all available digital images to which the Getty holds the rights or that are in the public domain to be used for any purpose. No permission is required.
- Indianapolis Museum of Art Collection : Many images of public domain artworks are available for free download from the Indianapolis Museum of Art at Newfields' collection pages.
- Smithsonian Open Access : Download, share, and reuse millions of the Smithsonian’s images right now, without asking.
- Biodiversity Heritage Library : 300,000+ Botanical and Animal Illustrations available for free download.
- Natural History Museum, Data Portal : Explore and download the Museum’s research and collections data. Collection information, images, sounds, videos, research results, 3D scans.
- British Museum : The British Museum Just Made 1.9M Stunningly Detailed Images Free Online.
- Open Image Collections : is a collection of digital image sources include museum digital collections, stock images, photo archives, design resources and image search engines.
- List of Museums & Libraries with Public-Domain Collection.
- Mindat, Mineral Database : is the world's largest open database of minerals, rocks, meteorites and the localities they come from.
- Anatomy 360, Free Reference : 3D scanned human reference images.
- Wildlife Reference Photos : Wildlife reference photos for artists.
- Flickr, Creative Commons : Many Flickr users have chosen to offer their work under a Creative Commons license.
- The Empire University, Weapons Library : Free reference resource for many types of weapons.
- Old Maps Online : Discovering the Cartography of the Past. Welcome to Old Maps Online, the easy-to-use gateway to historical maps in libraries around the world.
- Solar Textures : These textures represent real planetary maps in equirectangular projection. Textures in this pack are based on NASA elevation and imagery data.
- NASA-3D-Resources : Here you'll find a growing collection of 3D models, textures, and images from inside NASA. All of these resources are free to download and use.
- Celestia Motherlode : is a repository for various addons like textures, models or celestial objects.
- NASA : James Webb Images (flickr), Hubble Image Gallery (flickr), Astronomy Picture of the Day.
- Earth View : Earth View is a collection of the most beautiful and striking landscapes found in Google Earth.
- Areo Browser : Easily explore all of the latest martian terrain data and rover imagery, directly in your browser.
- Freesound.org : Collaborative database of creative-commons licensed sound for musicians and sound lovers.
- GameAudioGDC: Each year we give away thousands of dollars worth of sound effects for free in celebration of the Game Developers Conference. This is our archive. Everything is royalty-free and commercially usable.
- GameSounds.xyz : Royalty free music and sounds for your games.
- SoundBible.com : Offers thousands of free sound effects, sound clips, and straight up sounds. These sounds can be used in a variety of sound projects.
- 99Sounds.org : is a website offering free downloads of royalty-free content generated by its own users.
- Freesfx.co.uk : This web site provides free sound effects that you are able to use in any commercial production.
- OpenGameArt.org/Sound : Sound Effects from OpenGameArt.
- Free Music Archive : The iconic resource for free music, podcast safe and royalty free music for video.
- Bandcamp.com/cc : Creative-common music from Bandcamp.
- MusOpen.org : is an online classical music library of copyright free, public domain music.
- ccMixter.org : is a community remix site operated by ArtisTech Media, created by Creative Commons.
- Netlabels : This collection hosts complete, freely downloadable/streamable, often Creative Commons-licensed catalogs of virtual record labels.
- Mixkit : Download Free Stock Video Footage, Stock Music & Premiere Pro Templates for your next video editing project.
- Unminus : Curated Royalty Free Music. Let's create Unsplash for Music together.
- Adobe Audition Sound Effects : includes thousands of uncompressed, royalty-free audio sound effects.
- Pixabay/music : Royalty free music from Pixabay.
- Artlist : Royalty-free music catalog for unlimited use in YouTube videos, social media & films created by inspiring indie artists worldwide.
- Bensound : Top royalty free music freshly composed by independent artists. Use our royalty free music for YouTube videos, social media, films
- Pixabay/music : Royalty free music from Pixabay.
- Soundcloud/cc : Search for licensed under a Creative Commons License.
- YouTube/Audio Library : In the Audio Library in YouTube Studio, you can find royalty-free production music and sound effects to use in your videos.
🏞Free Stocks ^
- Image/Vector : unsplash, pexels , pixabay, stocksnap, rawpixel, burst.
- Video/VFX/Footage : videvo, actionvfx/free-vfx, videezy, pixabay, freemotionbacks, actionvfx, productioncrate/free, benharker.
- Cutouts : MrCutout, nonscandinavia, vishopper/free.
- Visual Loops : Mantissa, BEEPLE, Vimeo/Catmac, SSWIII, rptv.
- Fonts : fonts.google, theleagueofmoveabletype, beautifulwebtype.
- Sheep it Render Farm : is a free distributed renderfarm for Blender.
- Blender-Colab : Render on Google Colab, this is a Python script that allows you to render Blender scene using Google Colaboratory. Only Cycles.
- Daily Blender Tips : blender.daily, Blender Secrets.
- IOR List : Index of Refraction values list for use with 3D applications.
- MatCaps : Huge library of matcap PNG textures organized by color.
- UE Sponsored Content : Every month Epic Games gives away several assets from the Unreal Engine marketplace for free.
- Blender & ACES : Setup Blender to work with ACES using OpenColorIO.
3D Tools ^
- MeshLab : Open source system for processing and editing 3D triangular meshes.
- AutoRemesher : Open-source auto-retopology tool intended to convert source meshes into clean, animation-friendly all-quad geometry.
- Instant Meshes : Interactive field-aligned mesh generator.
- Magica Voxel : A free lightweight 8-bit voxel art editor and GPU based interactive path tracing renderer.
- ZBrushCoreMini : is designed for new artists of all ages, with a streamlined interface that lets anyone jump right in and start sculpting immediately.
- Goxel : Create voxel graphics. Export to obj, pyl, png, magica voxel, qubicle.
- aerialod : A free interactive path tracing renderer for height maps.
- Make Human : Open-source tool for making 3D characters. (blender addon)
- Clavicula : Intuitive and free 3D modeling software for everyone.
- Dust3D : is a cross-platform open-source modeling software. It helps you create a 3D watertight model in seconds.
- EmberGen [$] : is a real-time volumetric fluid simulation tool that can instantly simulate, render, and export flipbooks, image sequences, and VDB volumes.
- HDR Light Studio [$] : Lets you easily create and edit HDR lighting with your existing 3D software.
- Sweet Home 3D : is a free interior design application that helps you draw the plan of your house, arrange furniture on it and visit the results in 3D.
- TreeIt : is an easy to use real time 3D tree generator for the simple creation.
- Cascadeur : is a standalone software for creating keyframe animation of 3D characters, humanoid or otherwise. Free for early adopters.
- Sculptron : GPU-based tool for sculpting animation caches and for converting mesh sequences to volumes. The software is currently available free during early development.
- CNDL : An IES lighting creation toolset. Improve your renders with custom IES lighting.
- Medium by Adobe : Medium is a dedicated VR sculpting and painting package for users of Oculus headsets, capable of exporting models to DCC applications in OBJ or FBX format.
- Spline : Easily create and publish 3D web experiences. Build and iterate fast with production-ready results.
- Connecter : Free and visual creative assets management for 3d, AEC and design professionals.
- Phototiler : is a lightweight photorealistic map renderer that allows quick rendering of 3D maps for creative cartography.
- VRoid Studio : a 3D character maker that specializes in Japanese anime-like expressions.
- AccuRIG : is a free application designed for fast and easy character rigging.
- 3D House Planner : is a professional home design web application that allows users to design houses and apartments.
Various Tools ^
- Allusion : Organizer for your entire collection of references, inspiration and any other kinds of images.
- Quixel Bridge : Connects Megascans to all your favorite tools including Blender.
- PureRef : Simple way to view and organize your reference images.
- DJV : Professional image sequence, media review software for VFX, animation, and film production.
- Natron : Open Source Compositing Software For VFX and Motion Graphics.
- Processing : is a flexible software sketchbook and a language for learning how to code within the context of the visual arts.
- SHADERed : is a lightweight tool for creating and testing HLSL and GLSL shaders.
- Light Tracer Render : Provides you with everything you need to create photorealistic renderings interactively, in both desktop Web browsers and Windows application.
- CineShader : CineShader is a real-time 3D shader visualiser. It leverages the Shadertoy API to bring thousands of existing shader artworks into a cinematic 3D environment.
- Possumwood : is a graph-based procedural sandbox, implementing concepts of graph-based visual programming in a simple interface.
- Effekseer : Open source particle effect creating tool.
- Particle Illusion : Free GPU-accelerated 2D particle generator.
- Exr-IO : is a robust and exact solution for dealing with multi-layer EXR pictures. It supports Cryptomatte.
- PickPicPack : Tiny yet powerful utility for packaging multiple images to new one with custom aspect ratio and size.
- GameTextureViewer : is a fast, reliable, and simple tool for artists to preview textures and sprite sheet animations on the fly.
- Mandelbulb3D : is a free software application created for 3D fractal imaging.
- F3D : Fast and minimalist open source cross-platform 3D viewer. Support many fileformats and rendering style.
- JWildfire : Stands out for its flame fractal generator. Wildfire is a java-based image processing software.
- Blender Tools:
- Meshroom : is a free, open-source 3D Photogrammetry Software.
- COLMAP : Reconstruct 3D models from ordered or unordered image collections automatically.
- 3DF Zephyr Free : is free version of 3DF Zephyr photogrammetry software for personal use. It comes with some limitations.
- MicMac : is a free open-source photogrammetric suite that can be used in a variety of 3D reconstruction scenarios.
- RealityCapture [$] : Create virtual reality scenes, textured 3D meshes, orthographic projections, geo-referenced maps and much more from images and/or laser scans completely automatically.
- Agisoft Metashape [$] : is a stand-alone software product that performs photogrammetric processing of digital images and generates 3D spatial data.
- RealityScan : a free 3D scanning app, developed in collaboration with Quixel, that turns smartphone photos into high-fidelity 3D models in the most accessible way possible.
- ArmorPaint : Open-Source 3D PBR Texture Painting Software.
- Quixel Mixer : Create photorealistic, tileable, materials in seconds with powerful mixing and painting.
- NVIDIA Texture Tools Exporter : Allows users to create highly compressed texture files (that stay small both on disk and in memory) directly from image sources using NVIDIA’s CUDA-accelerated Texture Tools compressor technology.
- Materialize : is a stand alone tool for creating materials from images.
- Material Maker : is a simple procedural materials generation tool.
- TextureLab : is a tool designed to make procedural texture generation.
- AwesomeBump : Generate normal, height, specular or ambient occlusion textures from a single image.
- Agisoft De-Lighter : is a free stand-alone tool designed to remove shadows from model textures. !download
- Normalizer : Convert normal maps to displacement maps. Edit, process and combine multiple normal maps and more.
- Agama Materials : is software for creating PBR materials and painting 3d models. You can create materials and use them for painting models, or you can use pre-made textures.
- Architextures - Create : web app allows you to create seamless textures, bump maps and CAD hatches. Select any of the parameters to get started.
- Dream Textures : Stable Diffusion built-in to the Blender shader editor.
- Poly : is a seamless texture generator & gallery (up to 8K) with PBR maps (up to 32-bit) for any types of materials with a simple text or image prompt.
- TerreSculptor : is a terrain creation and editing software. It is freeware.
- World Machine : Command powerful tools like erosion and advanced colormaps to create terrain heightmaps, meshes, and textures for your game or 3D scene. You can use the Basic Edition for free.
- Terragen : Ray-tracing supported terrain generator. There is free version with some limitations.
- World Creator [$] : is a real-time terrain generator and landscape generator.
- Gaea : Sophisticated and modern terrain design software for apex results in moments. There is Community Free edition with some limitations.
- Instant Terra : Real-time terrain generation tool. Create your terrain, world, and landscape for your game, movie, or simulation.
Real-World Height Maps ^
- terrain.party : The easiest way to get real-world height maps.
- Tangram Heightmapper : is an interactive grayscale heightmap browser, which can generate heightmaps for use in 3D applications.
- OpenTopography/datasets : Facilitates community access to high-resolution, Earth science-oriented, topography data, and related tools and resources. Registration required.
- Cities: Skylines map generator : A heightmap generator for Cities: Skylines.
- Copernicus DEM - ESA : The Copernicus Digital Elevation Model is a Digital Surface Model (DSM) that represents the surface of the Earth including buildings, infrastructure and vegetation.
Point Cloud/LiDAR Data ^
- OpenTopography : is a collaborative data repository for LiDAR users.
- NOAA’s Data Access Viewer : This online tool allows a user to search for and download lidar, imagery, and land cover data.
- United States Interagency Elevation Inventory : is a collaborative effort of the USGS and NOAA with contributions from other federal agencies.
- USGS/TNM : U.S. Geological The National Map. You can also use the Earth Explorer (USGS). [info]
- USGS/Entwine : This website provides Potree and Plasio.js interfaces to the AWS USGS LiDAR Public Dataset.
- Sketchfab/lidar, Sketchfab/point-cloud.
- JSplacement : is a cross-platform pseudo-random 8K displacement map generator.
- Procedural City Generator : Create procedurally generated city maps in the style of American grid-based cities.
- Medieval Fantasy City Generator : This application generates a random medieval city layout of a requested size. City Viewer : is a 3d-visualizer for MFCD. See other generators from watabou.itch.io.
- city-roads : This website allows you to select a city and then draws every single road on a screen.
- Gigapixel AI [$] : is the only photo enlargement product available that can actually add detail back to your upscaled photo.
- waifu2x : Single-Image Super-Resolution for Anime-Style Art using Deep Convolutional Neural Networks. And it supports photo.
- Let'sEnhance.io : Increase image quality and resolution. Our AI-based editing process automatically enhance any flaw in your image.
- Dain-App : Dain-App is a free app that let you take any form of media like movies, stop-motion, anime, cartoons, sprites, etc and interpolate new frames, generating a bigger frame-rate from the original file.
- 3D Photo Inpainting : 3D Photography using Context-aware Layered Depth Inpainting.
- Infinite Nature : Perpetual view generation of natural scenes from a single image.
- PaintsChainer : AI-Powered automatic line drawing colorization colorization.
- EbSynth : Free tool for converting video footage into stylised motion paintings.
- PIFuHD : Multi-Level Pixel-Aligned Implicit Function for High-Resolution 3D Human Digitization.
- Generated.Photos : AI-generated faces.
- Flowframes : is a simple but powerful app that utilizes AI frameworks to interpolate videos in order to increase their framerate with little to no noticable quality loss.
- Cupscale : Image Upscaling GUI based on ESRGAN.
- Video2X : A lossless video/GIF/image upscaler achieved with waifu2x, Anime4K, SRMD and RealSR.
- koi : A plug-in for Krita that enables the use of AI models for img2img generation.
- Real-ESRGAN : aims at developing Practical Algorithms for General Image/Video Restoration.
- Midjourney : is an independent research lab that produces a proprietary artificial intelligence program that creates images from textual descriptions.
- Stable Diffusion : is a latent text-to-image diffusion model capable of generating photo-realistic images given any text input.
- Deforum Stable Diffusion : Animating prompts with Stable Diffusion.
- Rokoko Video : motion capture using your webcam or video-upload and animate in minutes.
- Audacity : Free, open source, cross-platform audio software.
- AudioMass : Open-source web based audio and waveform editing tool.
- SFX Generators : rFXGen, sfxia, LabChirp, Bfxr.
- Krita : is a professional free and open source painting program. It is made by artists that want to see affordable art tools for everyone.
- HEAVYPAINT : is a simple app designed for graphic painting. The UI is streamlined for fluid, happy painting with as little friction as possible.
🔍Explore Blender ^
- 👨🏽🚀Blender.Community : is an independent community aggregator, by Blenderheads for Blenderheads.
- 👨🎨Blender Artists Community : Home of the Blender Community.
- 📰BlenderNation : daily news, art and tutorials for Blender, the open source 3D content creation suite.
- 💬blender.chat : official chat server for artists and developers.
- 🗨️discord/blender : community-managed Discord server.
- fb/blender : blender facebook group.
- blender.stackexchange.com : questions and answers.
- ☰Blender Fundamentals by Blender.
- ☰Blender Basics by CG Cookie.
- ☰🍩Blender 3.0 Beginner Donut Tutorial by Blender Guru.
- ☰🍦Blender Complete Beginner Tutorial Course by CG Geek.
- ☰🍏Blender Beginner Tutorial Series by CG Boost.
- ☰⚔️3D Modeling a Sword for Complete Beginners by YanSculpts.
- ☰🪑Beginner Modelling Chair Tutorial by Blender Guru.
- 🧾Modeling Manual.
- ▷Blender Beginner 3D Modeling Tutorial.
- ☰Beginner Exercieses - Low Poly Asset Modeling by Grant Abbitt.
- ▷Recording Studio in Blender- 3D Isometric Modeling Process.
- ▷All 50+ Modifiers in Blender Explained in 30 Minutes.
- Character Modeling:
- Hard Surface:
🌌Geometry Nodes ^
- 🧾Geometry Nodes Manual.
- ☰Geometry Nodes by Chris Prenninger.
- ☰Geometry Nodes by Blue Fox.
- ☰Geometry Nodes Basics for Beginners by Bradley Animation.
🔘Shader Nodes ^
- 🧾Shader Nodes List.
- ▷Shading Editor Basics by Blender.
- ▷Blender - Everything About The Principled BSDF (In 3 Minutes).
- ▷Advanced Materials in Blender - Shader Editor Tutorial.
- ☰Blender Procedural Nodes Playlist by Default Cube.
- ☰Node School Playlist by Grant Abbitt.
- ☰Blender Principled BSDF (Speed Tutorials) by Royal Skies LLC.
- ☰Blender Procedural Texturing (Speed Tutorials) by Royal Skies LLC.
- ▷All 80+ Blender material nodes explained in under 30 minutes.
- 🧾Animation & Rigging Manual.
- ▷Blender Animate Running In 2 Minutes!
- ▷Rig any Character for Animation in 10 Minutes!
- ▷Blender Character Animation: Shape Keys.
- ▷Create Loop Animations.
- ☰Blender Animation (Speed Tutorials) by Royal Skies LLC.
- ☰Blender Rigging (Speed Tutorials) by Royal Skies LLC.
- ▷Quick Smooth Camera Movements.
🔲UV Mapping ^
- 🧾UV Editor Manual.
- ▷UV Unwrapping - Blender Fundamentals.
- ☰Blender UV Mapping (Speed Tutorials) by Royal Skies LLC.
🔳Texture Painting ^
- 🧾Texture Paint Manual.
- ▷Blender Beginner Texturing Painting Tutorial.
- ▷Blender Texture Painting- Quick Start.
- ☰Blender Texture Painting (Speed Tutorials) by Royal Skies LLC.
- 🧾Compositing Nodes List.
- ▷How to composite renders in Blender.
- ▷Blender Render Passes and Very Basic Compositing.
- ▷Render Passes in Blender - What are they and why even use them?
- ▷How to use blender's compositor to improve a rendered frame sequence.
- ▷Blender Compositor for Post Processing.
🤺Motion Tracking/Capture ^
- 🧾Motion Tracking Manual.
- ☰Blender Motion Tracking Series by CGmatter.
- ▷Add CGI Characters to Live Footage by CG Geek.
- ▷Blender Facial motion capture tutorial.
- ▷How to 3D Motion Capture Easy and Free with a Phone!
- ▷Add VFX to Cinematic RAW and LOG Footage
Premium Tutorials ^
- Blender Cloud
- CG Cookie, CG Masters, CG Boost Academy, polygonrunway
- blendermarket/training, lynda/blender, skillshare/blender
- 📦Pixar in a Box : Pixar and Khan Academy have collaborated to create, develop, and promote a series of learning tutorials that demonstrate how traditional school subjects such as math, science, and the arts are a vital part of the everyday work put into Pixar's filmmaking process.
- Blender For Dummies by Jason van Gumster
- Blender Secrets by Jan van den Hemel
- Blender 3D Architect by Allan Brito
- Blender Python API Documentation : Official Blender Python API Documentation.
- Programming Add-ons for Blender 2.8 : It shows how to set up a professional IDE for writing Python programs for Blender, on the example of a simple plugin. It is an ebook, published freely on Creative Commons license.
- blenderscripting : blender related python snippets to get you started.
- Blender 3D: Noob to Pro/Python Scripting : Python Scripting from Blender 3D: Noob to Pro book.
- Video Tutorials:
- Blender 2.8 Python Scripting Superpowers for Non-Programmers : If you’ve been using Blender or any other 3D app for a while, you’ve found yourself slogging through the same tasks over and over again and at some point thinking, “I really wish Blender just did this for me”. Through scripting, it can!
- Blender 2.8 Grease Pencil Scripting and Generative Art : learning the basics of scripting for Blender Grease-Pencil tool, with focus on generative art as a concrete playground.
- Visualizing Complex Numbers in Blender : This tutorial introduces how to make patterns with complex numbers in Blender.
- blender-scripting : Introduction to blender scripting. This is a collection of simple to more involved examples to scripting in Blender with Python.
- The Code Editor : This thread is for discussing how the Text Editor can be improved and sharing add-ons which will modernize, expand and ease coding in Blender.
- fake-bpy-module : is the collections of the fake Blender Python API modules for the code completion in commonly used IDEs.
- blender-debugger-for-vscode : Blender addon for remote debugging Blender with VS Code (and Visual Studio).
- Blender Development in VS Code : Visual Studio Code extension for Blender development.
- blender-cli-rendering : Python scripts for rendering images using Blender from command-line interface.
- render-useful : Command-line tools for Blender renders.
- textension : Productivity enhancements for Blender's text editor
- blender_autocomplete : Autocomplete modules for Blender python API.
- blender-addon-tester : The blender addon tester is a test harness to enable pytest hook to allow addons to be tested inside a defined version of blender.
- EasyBPY : This purpose of this module is to simplify the use of the Blender API (bpy) by creating an extra layer of abstraction that is more human-readable, memorable and reduces the user's exposure to complex code paths.
- Advanced Blender Add-on : This repository intends to give a starter kit as well as to illustrate and intensively comment design patterns commonly used in advanced Blender add-ons.
- 3DN BIP : A Python library for Blender. Blazingly fast preview loads in Blender. Images of arbitrary size.
- Geometry Script : is a scripting API for Blender's Geometry Nodes. It makes complicated node trees more managable and easy to share.
Blender Source ^
- 🧾Developer Documentation : Here you can find information about Blender's development process, design and architecture, as well as instructions for Building Blender.
- 🔌 Developer Portal | 💭 DevTalk | 💻 Developers Blog
Learn Python ^
- Awesome Python : A curated list of awesome Python frameworks, libraries, software and resources.
- All Algorithms implemented in Python.
Learn Computer Graphics ^
- Computer Graphics from scratch This book will not teach you how to use OpenGL or DirectX; instead, it can teach you how OpenGL and DirectX work.
- tinyraytracer : Understandable RayTracing in 256 lines of bare C++.
- tinyrenderer : Tiny Renderer or how OpenGL works: software rendering in 500 lines of code.
- Awesome Computer Graphics : A curated list of awesome stuff to learn computer graphics.
- awesome-graphics : Curated list of computer graphics tutorials and resources.
Related Awesome Lists ^
- awesome-3d-human : A curated list of papers & resources linked to 3D Human research including face, body, hand and motion modeling.
- awesome-3d-printing : A curated list of awesome 3D printing resources.
- 3D-Machine-Learning : A resource repository for 3D machine learning.
- Awesome Gamedev : A curated list of good stuff related to the development of games.
- Awesome Design Tools : The best design tools and plugins for everything.
- Awesome Design : Curated design resources.
- Awesome Stock Resources : A collection of links for free stock photography, video and Illustration websites.
- GameDev Resources : A wonderful list of Game Development resources.
- VFX Good Night Reading : Curated collection of good reading about VFX and CG.
- Photogrammetry Guide : A guide covering Photogrammetry including the applications, libraries and tools that will make you a better and more efficient Photogrammetry development.
🔍Explore Artworks ^
🐦Twitter Accounts ^
Some accounts where you can find different kinds of content related to blender.
@pablodp606, @3DBystedt, @ppaawweeuu, @mxeon1001, @Mrdodobird, @ArtFromRachel, @wanoco4D, @dedouze_, @AFX_LAB, @Yokohara_h, @Karl_poyzer, @Kazlyan, @arc4g, @FlipFluids, @CGGeeks, @PabloVazquez_, @IMilk_ManI, @bluefox_3d, @LucaRood, @janurschel, @zuggamasta, @andrewpprice, @brentpatterson, @FinEskimo @VicDoval
📢Youtube Channels ^
- IanHubert : Lazy tutorials, modeling, animating, vfx, cinematic.
- Midge Sinnaeve : modifiers, weird sh!t, art streams.
- CGMatter : short tutorials.
- Default Cube : CGMatter's second channel used for longer tutorials and other kinds of videos.
- SouthernShotty : stylized modeling, character creation, sculpting.
- Blender Guru : Most popular blender channel on youtube.
- CG Geek : second most popular blender channel on youtube.
- Gleb Alexandrov : one of the best-known blender channel on youtube.
- Ducky 3D : abstract designs, modifiers.
- Royal Skies LLC : Speed tutorials, texturing, mapping, nodes, animation.
- Grant Abbitt : modeling, animation, sculpting, low-poly, game assets.
- Chris Prenninger : animation nodes, particle systems, shading.
- Jayanam : Shading, coding, modeling.
- CG Boost : modeling, sculpting.
- CG Cookie : free tutorials from CG Cookie.
- FlippedNormals : sculpting, modeling.
- Curtis Holt : modeling, modifiers, coding.
- Polygon Runway : stylish low-poly modeling.
- Steven Scott : add-ons, feature reviews.
- Blender NPR : non-Photorealistic and expressive rendering.
- Martin Klekner : modeling, texturing.
- Danny Mac 3D : character modeling, posing, rigging, retopology, sculpting.
- Daniel Krafft - DSO : blender tips, add-ons.
- Imphenzia : low poly modeling, rigging.
- Saqib Hussain : modeling, modifiers, texturing, shading.
- CrossMind Studio : introduction, modeling, shading, lighting, modifiers.
- CBaileyFilm : blender animation projects.
- Josh Gambrell : hard surface modeling.
- CG Masters : modeling, texturing, shading.
- Peter France : modeling, texturing, shading, vfx.
- Polyfjord : animation.
- Cédric Lepiller : hard surface modeling.
- FlyCat : character modeling.
- Stylized Station : game art.
- Iridesium : simulation, vfx.
- Lightning Boy Studio : toon shader, npr.
- Giulia Marchetti : sculpting, character modeling.
- CG Fast Track : modeling, animation.
- 3DGreenhorn : isometric modeling.
- Bad Normals : modeling, animation.
- Kevandram : grease pencil.
- Noggi : sculpting.
- DerekElliott : modeling, animation.
- Samuel Sullins : Geometry Nodes, vfx, lowpoly, general.
- CG Python : blender Python scripting tips and tricks.
- The Blend : Weekly articles & lessons on Blender & 3D
- Blender Sushi : Collection of 3D ideas, poetries and experiments blended in Blender 3D.
- Artisticrender : Tutorials, tips, resources about Blender and 3D.
- Creative Shrimp : High quality CG tutorials and Blender tutorials, digital art and lighting tutorials with Gleb and Aidy.
- Blender 3D Architect : is the place to find news, tutorials, resources and training related to architectural visualization using Blender.
- BlenderAddons.org : provides a list of free and paid Blender addons. Find the addon you need under categories or tags.
- Interplanety : Blender tutorials, articles, tips, notes.
- Darkfall : Blender python tutorials, nodes.
- The CG Essentials : 3D modeling, rendering, animation, particle simulation, and more, this is the place to be for Blender Tutorials.
- Blender Secrets : is home to hundreds of one-minute or less video tutorials that teach you specific topics.
- Nodevember : The yearly event for everything procedural. Feel like doing a challenge? #nodevember is all about creating and promoting procedural awesomeness! A whole month to improve and show off your procedural skills.
- SculptJanuary : Challenge yourself over 31 days with a set of 31 topics. Sculpt every day and improve your sculpting skills.
- 36 Days of Type : is a yearly open call inviting designers, illustrators and visual artists to share their view on the letters and numbers from our alphabet.
- Competitions: /r/blender: contest, blenderartists.org/contest.
- Render Challenge : The most up-to-date database of 3D art challenges on the Internet! Get notified of new render challenges every Friday.
- pwnisher : Clinton Jones' Youtube channel regularly organizes 3D Challanges.
- Blender Conference : The yearly Blender Conference in Amsterdam. (Playlists: Bcon22, Bcon20, Bcon19, Bcon18, Bcon17).
[$]paid ones, repo link, blender market,
!cc(https://creativecommons.org/about/cclicenses/), CC0, BY, NC
Your contributions are always welcome! ^_^ If you want to contribute to this list, send a pull request, open an issue or contact with me @agmmnn. Please read the contributing guidelines first, some sections have their own guidelines as a comment line.